Consultation meeting between the President of the Federal Republic of Somalia and the Presidents of the regional states of Puntland, Jubbaland and South West Somalia
9 February 2015, Mogadishu: The President of the Federal Republic of Somalia HE Hassan Sheikh Mohamud, invited the leaders of the regional states of Puntland, Jubba and South Western Somalia, Abdiweli Mohamed Ali, Ahmed Mohamed Islaan and Sharif Hassan Sheikh Aden for a three-day consultation forum in Mogadishu, from 04/02/2015 to 06/02/2015.
Discussion focused on developing a common national understanding of and approach to issues facing Somalia. The leaders agreed on the following points:
1. To establish a forum and hold routine meetings between the top leaders of Federal Government of Somalia and regional states. The next meeting will be held in Garowe in April 2015.
2. A committee with representation from each of the regional states will be established and will oversee the forum activities.
3. Plans aimed at achieving Vision 2016 will be decided and implemented together by the Federal Government of Somalia and the regional states.
4. To accelerate formation of the remaining regional states and the independent constitutional commissions in order to finalise implementation of the federal system in the country.
5. To form a ministerial level commission consisting of the members of the Federal Government of Somalia and the regional states. The commission will review and accelerate the New Deal Compact and associated plans and programs in order to ensure that all Somali regions benefit from the international development aid Somalia receives.
6. All parties agreed to form offices that will coordinate international development aid activities, cooperating fully with a federal level office.
7. To work together in eradicating extremist groups from Somalia, as well as taking measures that will facilitate the movement of people to return to their homes.
8. To accelerate the formation of the National Security Commission, as per the Provisional Federal Constitution.
9. Until the formation of National Security Commission is completed, all parties agreed to form a commission consisting of the Federal Government of Somalia and the regional states that will provide advices on the best way to carry out the integration and development of regional forces and the Somali National Army into a full national army.
10. To ensure the implementation of all agreements described herein.
11. To work on strengthening the trust and the unity among all Somalis, and to avoid anything that may disrupt those goals.
12. The leaders of the Federal Government of Somalia and the regional states acknowledged the international community for their development support for Somalia, and request an increase in development aid.